Jun 15, 2024  
Jarvis Christian University 
Jarvis Christian University


Changes in Registration

Once a student completes registration and classes have begun, schedule changes are processed during the official Drop and Add period. A student who has completed registration, who wishes to drop/withdraw from a course or courses, must do so by completing that request at the Office of the Registrar. A student may withdraw from a course at any time prior to the Last Day of Withdrawal indicated on the official University calendar. This published date for last date of withdrawal with grade of “W” will be the last day of the twelfth week of class.

Extenuating circumstances concerning these matters are reviewed by the Office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs.

Substitution of Courses

If, for good and sufficient reasons, it becomes necessary for students to substitute courses in their prescribed program, they should secure the appropriate form and signature from their advisor, the respective Department Chair, and the Vice President for Academic Affairs. Only when the form has been processed and filed with the Registrar are the substitutions official.

Repeated Course Work

Students may repeat those courses taken for which grades of “D” or “F” were received.

Repetition of a passed course, in an attempt to improve a grade is permitted. The highest grade will stand as the official grade and only the highest grade earned will be calculated in the cumulative grade point average.

An “R” is indicated on transcripts for repeated coursework. An asterisk appears by the initial grade, which remains on the transcript.

Transfer of Courses

Transfer students must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 at the end of the last semester-quarter from the last college they attended. To meet graduation requirements, a transfer student must have an overall “C” (2.00) average and only grades of “C” or above will be accepted for transfer credit.

Jarvis Christian University will provide each approved transfer applicant with an evaluation of previously earned credits. Faculty advisors, with the signature of the Department Chair, will determine the previously earned credits that will apply in the major.

Students must complete the last 30 semester hours of course work in residence. Hours earned that are equivalent to courses offered at Jarvis Christian University are substituted when the degree plan is prepared with the major advisor. Courses that are not equivalent to courses required for the prescribed degree are indicated on the degree plan as electives.

Exceptions may be made at the discretion of the Office of Academic Affairs.

Transfer students intending to work toward a degree at Jarvis Christian University should carefully analyze all departmental information listed in this catalog as well as the General University Requirements for Graduation.


A student may audit a course by paying $10.00 per semester hour and any special charges assessed. The student must indicate, at the time of registration, the intent to audit. A course that is audited does not yield credit. It is merely indicated on the student’s transcript.

Withdrawal From the University

A student who wishes to withdraw from the University before the end of a semester must make an official request for withdrawal through the Office of Student Affairs and must complete the “Request for Withdrawal” form, which must be signed by appropriate administrative officials. Only after the forms have been processed and are on file in the Office of the Registrar will the withdrawal be official.

The grade of “W” is given to a student who officially withdraws from the University.

Unofficial Withdrawal Policy

An unofficial withdrawal occurs when a student has left the institution for whatever reason but failed to officially notify the institution of their intent to leave school. The University is required to make a determination as to when the student actually left the institution, even if the student did not officially notify the school.

In determining the last date of attendance for a student who fails to officially withdraw, the institution will consult with instructors as to the last date of attendance for a student. If a last date of attendance cannot be determined after consulting with instructors, the institution will use the midpoint (50%) of the semester in determining the last date of attendance. If an otherwise eligible student has reached the 60% point in attendance prior to leaving, that student has earned all Title IV federal aid for that semester.

A grade of “WF” will be assigned to students who unofficially withdraw from the University. The “WF” grade designation does not take the place of the “W” grade which is noted when students officially withdraw.

Veterans Benefits

Jarvis Christian University certifies Veteran students for Chapter 33 and 35. Students applying for VA benefits must supply the following prior to start of each attending term.

  • Produce the VA’s Certificate of Eligibility by the first day of class. This only needs to be submitted once for verification of eligibility.
  • Fill out and return the VA Enrollment Verification form to: Registrar@Jarvis.edu

All requests will be processed after census day.